Friday 21 June 2013

7: After Life - Mr Flash365

- So, you died then, Bob.
- I did, Jim.
- How was that, then?
- Touch and go.
- They touched you and you went? Barbara told me you had that problem.
- Ha bloody ha.
- Glad to see you’re keeping cheerful.
- No, though, actually, Jim, it was bloody weird.
- Well, it would be. Not something you do every day. Not your actual dying.
- No, well, exactly. But it was what I saw.
- Saw? Was it a bright light?
- Not as such. Not a bright light as such. More a load of them.
- Aliens.
- What?
- You didn’t die, you were abducted by aliens.
- Was I?
- No, you daft bugger. They said you were out for nearly a minute before they brought you back. The lights was probably them, whatsits, neuro-thingies in your brain, firing and whizzing and doing all that.
- Could be. But explain this to me.
- What?
- The lights that I saw looked like the lights of the room I was in. But from above.
- Ooh, one of them out of whatsit experiences?
- Body?
- Aye, that.
- Yeah, that’s what I’ve been thinking.
- So do you reckon it was real? Or was it just your brain making stuff up. Did you see the horse?
- What horse?
- They do this thing, to test if it’s real. On the tops of the cupboards in rooms where people are going to croak, they put pictures of horses or whatever. And then, if the previously deceased claims to have been all floaty and looking down, they can ask them what they saw.
- Oh, yeah, I read about that.
- So did you?
- What? See the horse? Have you seen this hospital? If I looked down on their cupboards you know what I’d see?
- What?
- Dust.
- True. True. Mind you, they’re all the way up there, aren’t they? Out of sight, out of mind.
- Out of body.
- Yep. So when you getting out?
- Soon as they let me. When are you getting them in?
- Soon as they let me.
- Good. Cos I tell you what.
- What?
- My throat feels like the top of one of them cupboards.
- You’re a little hoarse, then?

- Nay.

No comments:

Post a Comment